KN Circet have secured a contract from Irish Water for carrying out advance works at the Ballyboden Reservoir, South Dublin.
The Works within this Contract comprise of, but are not limited to the following:
- Site clearance and removal of trees from specified locations;
- Laying of cable ducting for the diversion and undergrounding of the existing overhead MV/LV ESB line (including temporary pole(s) and bases for plinths);
- Diversion of a section of the existing pumped supply watermain (rising main);
- Site investigative works to ascertain location, dimensions and materials of existing utilities, services and watermains (including the existing overflow outside the site boundary);
- Design and construction of connections to existing watermains;
- Design and construction of chambers;
- Design and installation of associated fittings and valves;
- Crossing of existing services, streams and ditches;
- Installation of suitable bedding, surround and backfill;
- Provision of temporary and permanent reinstatement works of various surface types and reinstatement of grass verges and agricultural lands;
- Associated civil engineering works;
- PSCS role;
- Designer role;
- Liaison with the Employer and Local Authorities’ personnel;
- Liaison (obtaining approval of the Contractor’s design and methodology) with the All Reservoirs Panel Engineer (ARPE) appointed by the Employer;
- Liaison (obtaining approval of the Contractor’s design and methodology) with ESB Networks;
- Any ancillary works associated with the above.
Ballyboden Reservoir currently supplies up to 30,000m3 per day of drinking water to the greater Dublin area.